Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Back in Action

Been a while since I last posted........Around January I went back to playing fulltime online - Merge had added alot of tournaments and the combination of them, Cake Poker, and Bodog allowed me to get around the same amount of buy ins.....cash out options are still an issue but reasonable these days - Cake gets checks out within a week, Bodog takes a month, and Merge takes 2-4 weeks.....the good thing is I have a guy who will trade Cake for Merge at 5% vig so I can do that when I want to get money off quicker...As far as results, things have gone well this year - Im around 55-60k in profits after two big months....its nice to get back to making money after an awful 2011 where I couldn't win a hand....the variance in poker is truly remarkable and if you think you've experienced it all you probably haven't....after black friday I played live for about 6 months...I was a winner but a small one due to variance and it probably took 2-3 months to fully adjust and figure out how to play deepstacked cash against tighter players....online MTTs and live cash are so different that your going to make big mistakes transitioning.....you can fold bottom 2 pair/bottom sets/etc in live situations where online its an easy all in....outside of poker I recently got involved in a big real estate development deal.....I bought a foreclosure at an auction with my father(I put up the money, he put up the brains :)......its a 2 family house on 2 acres that we plan on knocking down and putting 10-12 brand new houses in......its a very lucrative deal and Im lucky to have his knowledge/expertise to help me out.....I'm also in the process of buying a home - I found a house close to me that Im in love with that we're currently working out the details.....its crazy to think how far I've come with poker - I remember playing 1 dollar rebuys after work with my dad and 6 dollar sit n gos....never would I imagine I would be buying a home with income from poker....anyways that's all I have for today - here's my names on the new sites if your interested in following my progress! oojoe24oo on Lock z06fanatic1 on cake

No comments: