Saturday, August 28, 2010

UBOC Chop/30r win

Wed/Thurs of this past week marked some interesting events.....first off on Wednesday I shipped the 20r AP - yeh yeh, its not that much of a cash but shipping it completed the shippage of every AP daily I play during the day......so that includes the 50 FO at 3 est, 30r, 501r1a,50r,20r,20k,30k,30r, and the turbo 75.......not a huge deal but thought it would be cool to one day ship every tournament that I play in my daily schedule......Thurs was a pretty sick day - I started off things with winning the 30r FTP for 6600 - this was the first time I won it so glad to get that monkey off my back....ran like a god short handed - HU I hit everything, ran good, and just destroyed him HU - felt too easy........then the UBOC 320 came up - I never really cared to play these bigger events as the fields are larger and I havent had any success.....also it was getting late and I had very little motivation but decided to reg the 320 UBOC and the 66 deepstack on AP along with the 162 FTP at 8est and call it a night......the UBOC overall was very soft for a 320 - when we got to the final 100 or so players, everyone was pretty passive - little to no 3 betting, the 3 bets I made worked, and postflop play was passive..........when we got ITM at 45 players, I lost a flip, but then had QQ beat KK and continued chipping up.....then I got a double with two tables to go, AA over TT I believe.....I came into the final table with like 25 bbs so I didnt have a ton of hope and had to play pretty tight as I was carddead and 25 bbs isn't much room to manevuer.....I tossed in a nice 3 bet that worked and picked up KK and doubled up with it......6 handed I had the CL or near the CL and began raising a bunch of pots - the players seemed very passive and it definitely seems the money was affecting them.....eventually they started opening up and then I lost A9 to KQ and was short 5 handed......from there I got lucky as 5th and 4th busted bringing us 3 handed.....I had 10 bbs at this point but then doubled up and we decided to talk chopping #s.......3rd was 15,500 and 2nd was 22k - chip counts gave me 17 something but told them I needed another 1k - I ended up getting 18,866 and we played it out for 3k and the UBOC watch.....I busted 3rd the 2nd hand in and that was the end of it. Overall was real happy with how the day turned out and the UBOC wasnt expected whatsoever......its great too cause it gives me the confidence to go deep in the bigger majors and hopefully get a win under my belt.....looking forward to the WCOOP and hopefully a deep run

No comments: