Thursday, September 9, 2010

3rd in 1/4 Mil Stars

Last week was a bit interesting - I had just came off the UBOC chop and was feeling great about a massive August - nearly broke my single month profit that I did in February......Wednesday was the 1st of the month and I was motivated to crush September - I started off with taking 3rd in the 50r(I believe) for about 8k......then I won the 30r cake for a massive 1600 dollars to continue to crushing - its always funny how Ill play a cake 30r or AP 50 fo where first is 1400 then ill be playing the stars 320 where first is 50k - slightly different payouts....anyways things were going good that day and I was finishing up my session with the 1/4 Mil stars, 80 sniper, and the 75k on tilt.......there were about 200 left in the Stars 1/4 mil and I had roughly 12-15 bb - I thought about how cashing would be cool considering my big day, but regardless if I did or didnt I had a good day.....anyways I had doubled up a couple times in standard spots and made it to the money......from there I just contiuned to chip up - the structure is so slow and has alot of sattiers who prob play 40-50 buy ins and satty into this, so deep with 50 or so left the play is pretty tight overall.....I was able to chip up alot without people fighting back - I had a couple lucky spots along the way as well - I remember someone opened I 3 bet 46s he called......the flop came like A49, he checked I bet he called...the turn came he checked, I decided to fire another bullet for alot of my stack and he folded.

The big turning point came where I got in AK vs KK for 60 bbs.....it was unavoidable imo and obv the KK guy was calling me a fish - short stack with 20 bbs opened and he 3 bet a standard size - I hadnt been at the table long enough to know how he had been playing but regardless Im never folding - granted his 3b is straight for value, but he should be 3b pretty wide there, 66+,AJ+ generally speaking.....anyways we got it in, I binked an ace on the turn, and boom I was CL with 12 to go.....at the final table things went well - won a flip, lost a flip, chipped up slightly and had gotten 3 handed - we talked a chop where I was offered 35k but I declined - 35k was 2nd place money and the shorty was short and I felt I had 2nd locked up alot and wanted my shot at winning a monster rahter than chopping.....long story short I bricked a fl draw and a flip and 3rd place 26k I received.

Since then Ive had very little motivation to play......Ive hit some great scores, made alot of money this year, and am not too motivated to keep grinding....furthermore Ive been golfing a ton and been enjoying that. Im sure my poker interest will reappear eventually, but its tough to be motivated currently....next week I head to AC for a 1k 6 max and a bunch of golfing most likely...it should be a fun time and is coming at a great time for a little break....hopefully I go deep in the 1k and come back rejuvenated......Ive been down 7k since my 3rd place hit so Im not thinking the 1k is gonna go too good :(

No comments: