Sunday, September 26, 2010

Biggest downswing ever!

since my stars 1/4 3rd place its been severely downhill......im been getting completely assraped, going on a -16k downswing......luckily my stake destroyed this month to basically cancel out the downswing so that helps but its been brutal.....I havent mined it too much though as I figured something like this was coming my way especially after crushing August...hopefully I can stop the beating soon enough - I recently played a 1k 6 max event at the Borgata the other week and ended up jamming the turn with an open ender into aces and not getting there......maybe the whole hand was spewish but I'll recap for those who care

75/150 13K effective - Ive been opening alot of pots, Ive been 3 bet a couple times and folded to all.......villan in question has 3 bet once before with a very large sizing and then showed Aces - at the same time though he is greeted by a couple other players and I hear him talking about 100rs online so I assume he has a clue what hes doing. on to the hand......I open in CO with A9 to 400 at 75/150, button folds, Villan in SB raises to 1k - it folds back to me and decide to make it 2250 to go......with a little thinking he makes the call...flop comes J87 - he checks, I cbet, he thinks for a little and calls....the turn comes a 5 - at this point I have a little over a PSB left and he checks to me so I jam - he calls, and obv has aces....now the flop/turn plays are very standard its just should I 4 bet this spot or wait for more history - his sizing looked pretty standard for a 3b bluff range to be possible - maybe I should of waited for more information though.......had he made it say 1400 I wouldnt even of thought about going the 4b route......it would of been wierd if I didnt have the open ender on the turn - not sure if Id give up at that point or what

Anyways I hate playing live and feel my live game is way behind my online game - I feel less comfortable live and it takes more time to come up with a conclusion then it does online. its something Id like to work on but my online hourly rate is way higher so Im going to stick with that. Tomorrow starts the final week of September to come out on top - Im still up over 30k for the month with the staking so its still a great month, but Id like to show some profit playing this week. gl me

No comments: